austinirene's photos | Statigram - Instagram Web Viewer

10.12.2009

Muy Divertido!

Argentina: Super fun, tons of laughter, tons of nonsense, tons of adventures...It was entertaining to say the least. I'm super tired right now, but I'm on a roll so I'm going to splash a list of some highlights of my six days in Argentina.

1. A 15 hour bus ride is fun when you sleep half the way only to be woken up by the dinner bell which happened to be an 80's mash-up-music-mix blaring from the TV's...While eating empanadas, rice and chicken Tim, Jake and I listened to, what seemed like, every single hit song from the 80's...It was mind blowing to say the least.

2. Cordoba, Argentina is the second biggest city in Argentina and is considered the intellectual capitol of the country...It's a cute city in comparison to Santiago's constant hustle and bustle.

3. We went to Oktoberfest in this little town two hours out of Cordoba called Villa Belgrano (I think)...It's a German colony basically, and they host the beerfest every year...Needless to say we had a good time drinking yummy beer and mingling with gorgeous Argentines.

4. Hostels are so much fun...except for when you're sleeping in a room with 8 bunkbeds full of snoring people. Kind of annoying when I'm trying to get my beauty sleep.

5. ULTIMATE FRISBEE IS THE BEST SPORT EVER! (next to soccer of course) Lemme explain: Tim (who is reprsented in the picture below) plays Ultimate at his school in Flagstaff, Arizona...He heard of this tournament in Cordoba and convinced myself and Jake to come along for the fun of it...Of course we said yes because we had a four day weekend and would only have to miss two classes. Why not go to a foreign country and play some frisbee, right?!
On Saturday afternoon we met up with the organizers of the tournament at Turning Point Hostel in Cordoba and got ready to play that afternoon.
I was nervous at first because I don't think I've thrown a frisbee since I was 8 years old, but that didn't matter. Everyone I talked to said that "tournaments are the best place to learn! you'll be fine!" So, without hesitation I threw myself into the games and had a great time making mistakes and learning from the other players. Who, by the way, were all fabulous people.

They were made up of North Americans studying in Buenos Aires, Argentinians and a few other randoms (like us) who came to play. They put up with all of my questions about how to throw the disc, where to run, who to mark, etc etc...and we had a great time!
Tim told us that we would love it, but I was skeptical at first...I mean, frisbee? What's the deal with frisbee?! you have to play it to understand. It's super fun, and you run a lot. But the best part, was meeting all the awesome people. I now have friends in Buenos Aires with whom I'm going to hang out when I go there. AWESOME!

6. It's true what they say about Argentina. The meat really is delicious and the men really are beautiful. Nuff said.

7. Now I'm tired, so I'm going to bed....forgive this post if it has a ton of spelling errors, I'm too tired to spell check....

BESOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment