austinirene's photos | Statigram - Instagram Web Viewer

8.18.2010

Summer Highlights

Well, I have been seriously neglecting my blog this summer. I don't feel bad about that at all, actually. The more time I spend online the more time I feel I waste, so this neglect is only because my life has been full of work and play this summer. No time for blogging, I suppose. But here we go for a quick and dirty recap of life this summer.

June was spent working at the bike shop and playing with friends. I also met a very nice boy at an alleycat race with whom I still spend a lot of time with. He is a gentleman.
July was a little more eventful. We went to San Francisco for GayPride weekend which is such a cultural experience, and and even better party. Friends of gay people are invited as well, so us straight people got to join in on the fun too. We met Jon's friend Mikey who showed us an amazing time, we watched some World Cup games in shady bars, we danced in a mansion at an Old Western themed party, we saw the California HoneyDrops play music at said mansion party, we slept in the Morano, we ate pizza and made it home safe and sound. It was an epic weekend.
We watched a lot of soccer and I nearly cried when the USA lost...as per usual. Although I was rooting for the Netherlands I was secretly hoping Spain would win, so that was a cool victory I think. Plus Netherlands played so dirty it was almost embarrassing. I went to the big blue Lake Tahoe with my family a few times, and enjoyed myself immensely in July.
August has been fun and interesting. If July was a little bit manic, August has been calmer and more sane. I'm currently in Montana with my dad, we're visiting his parents. We went backpacking in the Beartooth Mountains for 3 days and I had some calm time with nature. Always enjoyable.
Now I just have to sit around for a few more days until I get back to Reno and start the grind of school all over again.
This summer has been amazing and interesting and surprising. I love it, but I'm ready to be a busy student again.

I love school.

That's it, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment